There are many types of games available both offline and online that individuals indulge in for various reasons. Research conducted in 2018 came out with the result that about 80% of the world’s population is engaged in one type of game. Today’s article will deal with what games are, their categories, different types of games, and the benefits of playing games.
About Games and Their Components
Games are the forms of activities majorly designed for entertainment purposes, educational programs, or profit-making ventures. Games are as old as man itself; however, as emerging technologies came, they were expanded and upgraded to cater to the yearnings of youths.
Last year alone, game sales cost about $20b yearly because of the increasing interest of players. There are also numerous game tournaments organized for players to show how good they are. Majorly, they are for fun and amusement. Games are usually designed to be played by one, two, or multiple players.
We also have amateur and professional game players. These categories of players regularly play games to show their skills or make money. All games have their goals. There are various versions and stages in these games.
Components of Games
Games have various components that make them unique; they include:
All games have specific rules and tenets, which must be judiciously followed to achieve their aim.
Games are designed to be challenging for all gamer. This is done to make the players enjoy and stay glued to the victims. Every player is up for a challenge. The more challenging a game is, the more players it commands.
Games are manufactured to be played on interactions. There are two types of game interactions.
- Player vs. the computer: There are some games that you compete against the computer. Such games include snake and ladder video games, slot games, and video poker.
- Player vs. another player (s). This type of interaction is when you compete against another player or multiple players. Games under these interactions include poker, Esport games, and multi-player games.
Classification of Games
Games can be classified into several genres considering several indices; these categories include:
- Skill-based games: These are games that require specific unique skills and capabilities to play them. Examples of skill-based games include soccer games, wrestling, boxing, and most video games.
- Strategy-based games: Many games require deep thinking and specific strategies to get a grip on them. These types of games usually need some time to complete them. Examples of strategy games are chess, draughts monopoly, go, and poker. These games are fair and require some thinking abilities.
- Luck/chance games: Games classified in this category are games that require little or no skill and strategy to play the Games under this category are mainly casino games like craps, roulette, slot games, and blackjack.
- Combination games: Games under this appellate require skills, strategy, and a chance for the players to succeed in them. Good examples of games that need to combine features are ludo, NFL, poker, and sometimes monopoly. Sometimes card games are grouped under this classification because of the shuffling of decks, which is random.
Different Kinds of Games Available
There are thousands of games available offline and online. We will enumerate some of the best you can get:
- Virtual games: This type of play is usually based on virtual designs. Games like these have reality games and are mind-blowing. Also, some equipment is needed to enjoy virtual games like a headset, headgear, Internet-enabled PCs, virtual software, and game consoles. Popular virtual games include Grand Turismo, the afterlife, and Halo 2.
- Action games: Games under these kinds are plays full of shooting and enough violence. These are very engaging and nerve-wracking games. Good examples are first-person shooter games, real-time war games like Ailment, metal gear solid, call of duty, Tekken, mortal kombat, a medal of honor, amongst others.
- Strategic games: Games that need you to be a highly intuitive and unique strategy. Examples include backgammon, chess, monopoly, and war hammer.
- Tabletop games: Tabletop games are games played on flat surfaces or designated tables. Games of these kinds include card games, board games, dice games, and tiles games. Examples include solitaire, dice, sic bo, domino’s, ludo, mahjong, tangrams, and sudoku.
- Sports Games: Sports is the most prominent activity in the world. It is, therefore, not surprising that sports games are standard. Popular sports games include soccer, tennis, golf, NFL, rugby, cricket, basketball, and ice hockey.
Online Casino Games
Casino games have taken over the social space because of the number of players making money from it and having lots of fun. There are many casino games you can find and enjoy their mouth-watering bonuses.
- Poker: Poker games are top-rated because they are perceived as easy to make money. Depending on your country, there are various versions you can choose from.
- Baccarat: Another popular online card games that require some level of skill and strategy. All online casinos offer one form of baccarat or the other.
- Roulette: This casino game requires both luck and skill. You need to roll a black ball on the bowl to hit a particular number.
- Keno: The keno casino games are all about numbers guessing. You are given 81 numbers to choose five correct ones.
- Craps: Die games lovers will enjoy crap casino games. These games depend on the highest dice roll numbers or series of rolls.
- Slot games: There are many slot games available at online casinos. These games are mainly chance games; you don’t need to learn anything to play it; it is based on luck.
We have looked at various types of games available and explained their classifications and online casino games.